I can really get behind his points:
1. I will make time for reading, the way I make time for meals, or brushing my teeth.
4. I will read whatever the hell I feel like.
20. When I find an author I truly adore, an author who makes my gutstrings vibrate, I will read everything they have written. Then I will read everything that they read.
21. If I hate a book, I will keep my mouth shut.
Some of it is advice I’ve had a hard time following (though it’s still in my book):
8. I will not finish books I don’t like.
But this past week I really put it into practice. If a book isn’t doing it for you, move on. No obligations. I quit about four books in a row last week before finally settling on one I liked.
And I’ll let it go that some sound like he’s quoting me (steal like an artist), because it’s the best advice ever:
2. I will make an effort to carry a book with me at all times.
24. I will keep stacks of unread books at the ready.
25. The minute I finish a book, I will start a new one.
It’s a fun little post on reading. If you want to go deeper, you can check out my book, but this probably has you covered.