Or maybe this entire week has conspired against me. Let’s count the ways…
(In case you can’t tell, this is one of those whiny, poor me posts, so feel free to move on now)
- I’ve been sick since Wednesday night with a sore throat and persistent cough. Last night I was coughing so hard my chest hurt.
- Because of all that I couldn’t go to the Social Media Breakfast on Friday morning.
- I also couldn’t go to a planning meeting for a group of local church communicators I’m helping to organize.
- That sickness also meant the date night my wife and I have been trying to have for two months that almost happened this weekend didn’t happen.
- It also means I forgot about the U2 tickets that sold out in two hours on Saturday morning.
- It also means I never had a chance to enjoy one last taco at Dora’s (OK, it would have been more like six last tacos).
- This morning I left the kids with a babysitter and took the bus to the doctor. I missed the bus.
- Which meant I missed my appointment by 20 minutes and the doctor wouldn’t see me.
- Then I spent three hours at the dealership while they investigated my car’s uneven tread wear problem, only to tell me they have no answers.
- Then I got a call from the babysitter that Lexi has been throwing up.
- I dropped $50 at Best Buy tonight to replace items that have been lost or stolen in the last six months.
- One of those items was a power cord for the portable DVD player Lexi watches in the car. Thanks to disposable electronics, that portable DVD player will now be the main DVD player powering our living room TV. (Our house has two VCRs and four DVD players, and only two of the DVD players work. And one is portable.)
- We have two couches in our house. Lexi managed to throw up on both of them.
- While preparing all the puke-stained items for the wash, I realized the dog peed on the carpet.
- At this point it was supper time and I realized I never had lunch.
- Being gone all day meant I got next to nothing done for work.
- We were planning to go to Kansas for Thanksgiving and I was excited about introducing Milo to lots of extended family that hasn’t had the chance to meet him yet. Tonight we decided we can’t go to Kansas with all the sickness and our complete lack of preparation.
Did I forget anything?
However, this week is Thanksgiving. So let’s find some bright spots, shall we?