I’m a big fan of the River-to-River Greenway trail, a Dakota County project that will complete a regional trail through West St. Paul with a tunnel under Robert Street.
I’ve also been accused of spreading misinformation about the project. That’s certainly not my intent. I’ve researched the original documents from Dakota County, talked to people involved and done my best to provide clear, honest answers. I’ve pushed to have an open dialogue about this project so we can consider all arguments and make the best decision.
With that in mind, I wanted to address some of the questions I’ve heard about the project:
- What’s it going to cost?
- Why a tunnel and not a bridge?
- Will a tunnel be safe?
- How will construction impact Robert Street?
- What about development?
- Can the River-to-River Greenway cross Robert Street anywhere else?
- What happens when the trail crosses Wentworth Avenue?
- Will the trail really see 140,000 people?
- Why do we say WSP Greenway?
Ready? Let’s dive into the details… Continue reading River-to-River Greenway Questions