If a week could suck, this one would be it:
- Found out Milo has been sick for a week with gastroenteritis. He’s doing better, but the little guy doesn’t have much weight to lose (Today we visited a two week old baby who’s bigger than 4-month-old Milo).
- Lexi threw up in her car seat on the way home from visiting said baby.
- Friends went through another miscarriage.
- Other friends in Sudan wait to see if they’ll be evacuated.
- Confronted a family crisis and the related fallout.
- A week of workplace drama escalated like a bigger/better party.
On the plus side:
- Distractions abounded, including the flurry of a U2 album release (did you see them do the top 10 list on Letterman?).
- I found out exactly how much the Federal government owes me (it’s like my own personal bailout!).
- Mazie didn’t eat anything she wasn’t supposed to (well, except for the feet of a little plastic girl of Lexi’s, but that doesn’t bother me because Lexi didn’t put it away).
- Ate at Los Cabos for the first time in months. Mmm… tasty.
- Two friends welcomed healthy, happy babies into the world.
- And best of all, I get to meet my son in two weeks.
Sometimes life is hard and messy and ugly, but there’s always beauty. In that sense, I’m an insufferable optimist. Life may not always be happy, but it is joyful.