(Last updated Oct. 12, 2017. Inspired by nownownow.)
Living in St. Paul, Minn.
- I tell stories for nonprofits, ministries and companies that care, creating copy, content and big picture strategy with my company Monkey Outta Nowhere. (I’m a freelance writer/editor.) We are looking (not very hard) for an intern.
- One of my big roles is the editor of Church Marketing Sucks, a blog that helps churches communicate better.
- I help with communication at my church, Messiah Episcopal Church in St. Paul, Minn.
- I help organize a bi-monthly book club at my church.
- I help organize a monthly meetup of church communicators, Social Media Shepherds.
- Socialish: I blog on a quasi-regular basis and tweet almost daily.
- Interests: I read a lot (follow along on Goodreads). Recent loves:
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
- Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon for White America by Michael Eric Dyson
- American War by Omar El Akkad
- Married: To Abby, going on 17 years now. We still feel young, but we’re totally ‘that old married couple.’ She’s teaches kindergarten and first grade at Tesfa International School, a charter school in Columbia Heights.
- Kids: Milo (8 & 3rd grade) and Lexi (11 & 6th grade). [Well, there’s a third from a disrupted adoption, but that’s a long story.] We like books and Star Wars and board games and stuff.
- Active: Not as much as I should. Though I have been doing a lot of hiking.
- Personal writing: Honestly, not doing much lately.
- Visiting state parks in Minnesota every weekend.
- Hoping to return to the North Shore (all the time).
- I’m always open to talking about new projects and currently there is some bandwidth available.
- Working at home means I like to get out from time to time. I’m available for lunch meetings. If interests align, let’s connect.
- I don’t like public speaking, but people tell me I’m good at it. So I will at least consider opportunities.
- I’m also available for interviews, usually talking about church communication, books, writing, etc.