(Last updated Oct. 5, 2016. Inspired by nownownow.)
Living in St. Paul, Minn.
- I tell stories for nonprofits, ministries and companies that care, creating copy, content and big picture strategy with my company Monkey Outta Nowhere. (I’m a freelance writer/editor.) We are looking for an intern.
- One of my big roles is the editor of Church Marketing Sucks, a blog that helps churches communicate better.
- I help with communication at my church, Messiah Episcopal Church in St. Paul, Minn.
- I help organize a bi-monthly book club at my church.
- I help organize a monthly meetup of church communicators, Social Media Shepherds.
- Socialish: I blog on a quasi-regular basis and tweet almost daily.
- Interests: I read a lot (follow along on Goodreads). Recent loves:
- Married: To Abby, going on 16 years now. We still feel young, but we’re totally ‘that old married couple.’ She’s the dean of teachers and learning (i.e., assistant principal) at West Side Summit, a charter school focused on closing the achievement gap.
- Kids: Milo (7 & 2nd grade) and Lexi (10 & 5th grade). [Well, there’s a third from a disrupted adoption, but that’s a long story.] We like books and Star Wars and board games and stuff.
- Active: Running, biking and Pokemon Go (seriously—it encourages us to get out and be active).
- Personal writing: Honestly, not doing much lately.
- Really loving Duluth and the North Shore. Been up there twice this year and looking to spend another day up there this fall.
- Next summer I hope to see the total solar eclipse.
- I’m always open to talking about new projects and currently there is some bandwidth available.
- Working at home means I like to get out from time to time. I’m available for lunch meetings. If interests align, let’s connect.
- I don’t like public speaking, but people tell me I’m good at it. So I will at least consider opportunities.
- I’m also available for interviews, usually talking about church communication, books, writing, etc.