Lexi’s Afternoon

June 12th, 2008

Here’s Lexi’s afternoon, from about 4:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.

4:00 – 4:45 She stood at the kitchen sink playing with bubbles and water. And the kitchen rug, counter top and her shirt look like a tidal wave hit. Oh well. It’s just water. It’ll dry and tomorrow I was planning on washing the floor.

Before that she unloaded about half her toy baskets into her bed. No clue why but she was entertained, happy, and completely focused on something for over an hour.

4:45 – 6:00 We ate dinner. She tried to entertain the restaurant and then offered to cut everyone’s food.

6:00 – 6:30 Took a bath. Repeatedly put cups on her head and called herself a birthday cake.

6:30 – 7:00 Took all the couch cushins off the couch and piled them on the floor. Tried to get Mazie to sleep on the “bed” she built but Maize wasn’t having it.

7:00 – 7:30 She wanted to color. With markers. I gave her a box of markers and a huge piece of paper. She colored happily for about 30 minutes. She also got some on the table (on accident) and her hands are very rainbow colored but it all washes off (and she liked washing it all off too). Should’ve waited with the bath.

7:30 -7:45 Now she’s back at the sink again – more bubbles and water. My favorite part was when she set the cup with holes in the bottom on the counter and tried over and over to fill it up. Took her about 3 tries to realize there were holes in the bottom and water pouring on her feet.

7:45 – 8:00 Okay done with bubbles again. Now all the toys that are on the living room floor are going into her doll buggy because the baby wants them. Nevermind. There back on the floor again.

8:00 – 8:11 Went into her room packed up several little back-packs and bags with her toys (for the baby) and is back to piling them on top of the baby in the buggy. The baby has just been dumped on the floor because “the baby is crying and doesn’t want the toys”.

8:11 – 8:12 Pulling empty yogurt containers from the Tupperware drawer and filling them with water to feed the baby. (Which really means she almost dumped a cup full of water on her doll’s head.)

8:12 – 8:14 Back in her room. Came back out wearing 2 necklaces and a bracelet. And all her doll house furniture is shoved in a backpack that she is desperately trying to zip shut.

8:15 – 8:30 (This has not happened yet, just a prediction) Bedtime. I tell her it’s bedtime. She runs, yelling no and telling me she can’t because she’s “finishing.” I put her to bed and tomorrow the day starts all over again. (Which by the way, today started with her shouting over the baby monitor “Daddy! Hey Daddy! Come get me out of this bed now!)

And you wonder why parents of toddlers are tired.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply

Name (required)

Email (required)


Speak your mind