Another year of big reading and I’ve got some favorite nonfiction to share.
- Kid President’s Guide to Being Awesome by Robby Novak and Brad Montague
He’s good in videos and he’s good in book form.
- Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine
I generally don’t like poetry, but this was great. An honest and challenging look at racism.
- Fresh Off the Boat by Eddie Chuang
This memoir has such a fresh voice and gives a great perspective.
- Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving & Finding the Church by Rachel Held Evans
So many echoes of my own journey here.
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
This book has been on a lot of lists this year and rightly so. It’s a challenging book and needs multiple reads. Perhaps if I’d done that it’d be higher on the list.
If you want to read more, check out my booklet 137 Books in One Year: How to Fall in Love With Reading Again.