This year my company, Monkey Outta Nowhere, celebrated five years in business. It’s humbling and amazing to realize I’ve been able to work at home, doing what I love for more than five years now. To celebrate, I sent my clients Monkey Outta Nowhere yo-yo’s.
For those who don’t know, I have a long history with yo-yo’s, going back to a high school yo-yo ministry. I also spent a summer as a yo-yoing street performer, which paid the bills (sort of) while I worked the unpaid internship that really started my career (a story explained on the little cards I included with the yo-yo’s). We even gave away yo-yo’s at our wedding. Needless to say, I’ve wanted to get Monkey Outta Nowhere yo-yo’s since I started the company. It’s a testament to my frugality that I waited this long.
Check out my video thank you:
Most of my clients began receiving their yo-yo’s this week and the best part has been seeing the photos and videos come in:
- The crew at iThemes responded immediately with a picture and a video.
- The Foursquare Communications team took a yo-yo break.
- Holy Cow Creative added it to his collection of desk toys (surprisingly few cows in that photo).
- The yo-yo looks at home next to Pam Parish’s barrel of monkeys.
- Jonathan gives us the package shot that I even I forgot to take.
- I hand-delivered a yo-yo to Cleve Persinger and he gave it some Twitter love.
Seeing a few folks get up and yo-yo inspired me, so now you can watch me in action. I’m a little rusty, but it’s not too shabby:
I do have a few leftover yo-yo’s, so if you didn’t get one and you want one, post a comment and I’ll see what I can do.